With huge crowds expected at the largest ticketed event in the Queensland, St John Ambulance will be on hand to provide first aid and health services to Ekka visitors.
Teams of volunteers who include doctors, nurses, paramedics and First Aiders, four (4) medical posts at this year’s Royal Queensland Show will be available to those who require first aid support.
Noel Matson, Health Services Manager from St John Ambulance Queensland, said that while the event is a highlight for many families, days spent at the Ekka can be long and tiring.
“We expect to see a lot people with headaches and exhaustion, so we’re reminding everyone to drink plenty of water throughout the day,” said Noel.
“We also expect to see quite a few allergic reactions from animals, minor strains and sprains from falling over or even heat related illness depending on the weather. We encourage anyone who feels unwell to visit a St John Ambulance First Aid Centre or approach one of our many volunteers.”
St John Ambulance Queensland First Aid Centres will be present at the following locations for the duration of the Show,
- Near the RACQ Animal Nursery on Gregory Terrace
- In the John MacDonald Stand behind the main arena
- Near the XXXX Woodchop Bar and Arena
- Next to the Old Museum
St John Ambulance Queensland is offering the following tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable Ekka for all:
- Be sun safe: wear a hat, sunglasses and apply sunscreen throughout the day;
- Stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of water;
- Wear comfortable, worn in shoes;
- Take a break in shaded or indoor areas; and
- Know where the St John Ambulance First Aid Centres are located as marked on the Ekka map. You can download the full Ekka map at https://www.ekka.com.au/ekka-info/map
About St John Ambulance
St John Ambulance Australia is a self-funded charitable organisation with one very dedicated purpose; to prevent and relieve sickness and injury and to act to enhance the health and well-being of all people. How does St John Ambulance do this? By providing quality first aid products, services and training for our communities.
St John Ambulance Queensland is the state’s largest first aid provider and trains an average 153 people every day across the state of Queensland.
All media enquiries are to be directed to Paula Price, General Manager of Marketing on 0417 785 228 or email@example.com