Do you live or work in a remote location?
When something goes wrong and help is far away, things can get scary very quickly. Having the right skills can help save a life in any remote and rural situation.
This course equips students with the specific knowledge and skills to manage injuries and emergencies in a remote settings; provide protection from the environment; how to work in conjunction with emergency services support and more.
In this harsh Queensland environment learning extra skills can mean the difference between life and death.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- Provide first aid in a remote situation
- Work in conjunction with emergency services support
- Evaluate the incident
- Recognition and management of:
- Sudden illness
- Bites and stings
- Allergic reactions
- Safety and survival
- Lifting and moving a casualty
- Rescue preparations
- Protection from the environment
- Recognition and management of dehydration
- Basic hygiene and infection prevention / control
- Hazards prevention
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
While there are no prerequisites, e-Learning material is provided to students before the course begins. Student are required to complete the e-Learning prior to the course. A link will be provided to students when they receive their booking confirmation email.
While it is not compulsory, it is recommended that students hold a current or recently expired (within the past 12 months) Provide First Aid certificate (or equivalent).
Training Materials Provided
First aid publication, bandages and plastic CPR wallet card.
Recommended recertification period
The First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice recommends that first aiders should attend training on a regular basis to refresh their first aid knowledge and skills, and to confirm their competence to provide first aid.
Refresher training in CPR should be undertaken annually, and all other first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Keyring face shield or face mask
- Personal, Small, Medium or Large Leisure Kit (for the home and car)
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit (for industry)
- Off-Road 4WD Kit, Recreational Marine Kit and Motoring Kit (for the great outdoors)
- Envenomation Bites and Stings Kit
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period