As a St John Advanced Responder, you will be trained to deal with seriously ill casualties and manage a team. St John will provide full training for clinical, management and support programs, so no prior skills are required.
Advanced Responders have a greater range of skills and knowledge including problem solving and triage. Advanced Responders will gain a Certificate III in Basic Health Care and learn how to assist Health Care Professionals.
- Application and interview
- First Responder accreditation for 2 years
- National Police check and Working with Children check (organised by St John)
Training opportunities are available, completely free of charge
- St John First Responder induction program
- Provide First Aid
- Oxygen administration
- Asthma management
- Advanced airway management
- Cardiac monitoring
- Certificate II in Emergency Medical Service First Response
- Certificate III in Basic Health Care (Industrial First Responder)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment