As a St John First Aider, you will be trained to deal with a variety of casualty needs from applying a bandage, to performing CPR, right through to dealing with major trauma.
St John will provide full training for clinical, management and support programs, so no prior skills are required. This training will allow you to progress to a First Responder and an Advanced Responder.
By volunteering as a St John First Aider, you have the extraordinary opportunity to make a real difference to people's lives and to your local community while making lifelong friends and having fun along the way.
- Application and interview
- Nationally accredited Provide First Aid certificate
- National Police check and Working with Children check (organised by St John)
Training opportunities are available, completely free of charge
- St John First Responder induction program
- Provide First Aid
- Oxygen administration
- Asthma management
- Advanced airway management
- Cardiac monitoring
- Certificate II in Emergency Medical Service First Response
- Certificate III in Basic Health Care (Industrial First Responder)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment